During the purchase of a new device, you can choose to trade in your current device. Once you create and confirm your trade, Pure TalkUSA will send you a shipping kit containing all the necessary materials for the safe transit of your device to Phobio, our trusted trade-in Partner. Once Phobio receives your device and inspects it, we will credit the payment method used when purchasing your new device.
- On your phone, go to Settings, then click General and tap About.
- Look for the serial number. You might need to scroll down to find the IMEI/MEID and ICCID.
- Please reference https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204308 for more information. Android Devices:
- On your Android phone, go to Settings, About Phone.
- Look for the Serial Number.
- To back up your iPhone, follow these instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977
- To erase your iPhone, follow these directions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201274 Android Devices:
- To back up your Android device, follow these instructions: https://support.google.com/android/answer/2819582
- To erase your Android Device, follow these instructions: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6160491
It is very important that activation lock (ie: Find My iPhone, Find My Device) is disabled before sending your device in for Trade-In. If activation lock is enabled, the device will not be eligible for trade-in and will be returned to you with no trade-in value credited to your payment method.
To disable Find My iPhone, follow these instructions: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph2702
To disable Find My Device (on Android), follow these instructions:
Open your device's Settings app. Tap Security & location. Tap Find My Device. Turn off Find My Device.
Once a device ships, ownership transfers to Phobio per the Terms and Conditions. Phobio inspects devices upon arrival to verify reported conditions. If the conditions are not verified, you will receive notification of the revision via email. At this point, you may accept the revised offer, or have the device returned to you at no cost.
Devices are inspected to confirm the reported condition. In the event that our inspection determines the device is in a different condition than reported, your offer will be revised and we will notify you via email. You will then have the option to either accept the new trade-in offer or have your trade-in device shipped back to you at no cost.