Switch now to eSim
What is eSIM?
A physical SIM card is a small plastic chip that is inserted into your cell phone. An eSIM is already embedded in your device. Like a physical SIM card, an eSIM securely connects you to your cellular network, granting you access to your cellular service and stores information like your contacts and phone number. An eSIM is just a virtual version of a SIM card and does everything a physical SIM card does. However, eSIMs do have a few advantages over physical cards, which we’ll explain a little later.
For now, we’ll tell you the biggest advantage of eSIM is it’s easier and faster than ever to switch your service to a new carrier. With PureTalk you can activate your eSIM instantly right after you checkout online, instead of having to wait for a physical SIM card to be shipped to you or visiting a brick-and-mortar store.
Is your phone eSIM compatible?
Not all phones are compatible with eSIM since it’s such a new technology. Currently PureTalk supports eSIM for iPhones, but Androids are not yet supported. Below is a list of compatible phone models, or check your compatibility using the module below.
Compatible iPhone Models:
- iPhone 14 series
- iPhone 13 series
- iPhone 12 series
- iPhone 11 series
- iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
Select your phone
Please enter your IMEI
Phone Compatibility Checker
Unfortunately your device is not compatible with PureTalk eSIM. The good news is we will ship you a physical SIM card with your order via FedEx 2-day.Edit
Benefits of eSIM:
- It’s easy to swap to a new carrier as the data on eSIMs can be reprogrammed (or, in some cases, can be downloaded onto another slot on the eSIM). Whereas physical SIM cards cannot be reprogrammed. This means with eSIMs you can more quickly switch to a new carrier.
- eSIMs can be activated instantly. With PureTalk you can activate your eSIM instantly right after you checkout online, instead of having to wait for a physical SIM card to be shipped to you or visiting a brick-and-mortar store. This means it’s easier and faster than ever to switch your service to PureTalk.
- One of the biggest benefits of eSIM is that your phone can have two SIM cards (and thus two phone numbers) on one device. This can be beneficial for someone like a business owner that wants both a personal line as well as a business line and doesn’t want to carry around two phones.
- Traveling internationally? If you’ll be out of the U.S. for a bit, eSIM users can simply buy a physical SIM card when they get to their destination and use it together with their usual eSIM card.
- eSIMs are improving future devices. Without the need for a SIM tray, it’ll be possible to make thinner, lighter devices (ie: phones, tablets, laptops and wearable tech). Many believe eSIMs are the future, and it’s only a matter of time before physical SIM cards become obsolete.
There are a couple things to consider before you choose to switch to an eSIM card:
- You can’t use an eSIM for older phones, since it’s such a new technology.
- If your phone is completely damaged or irreparable (ie: won’t turn on or the screen is no longer legible) you will not be able swap an eSIM from your damaged phone to a new phone.